September 24th, 2022
SMUGGLERS RUNS is a combination of a full day on-road/ off-road rally with checkpoints throughout Orange County and San Bernardino County. The entire event is overlaid with elements of an escape room and a scavenger hunt.
Each Smuggler Team (that is you and your navigator) has been hired by the General of the Rebels with the mission of stealing and smuggling a highly secretive surveillance technology from the enemy supply depot.
This is accomplished by correctly disguising your vehicle with the correct identification markings that the enemy uses on their vehicles and forging a shipping manifest with the correct information. If all is done correctly you should be able to gain access to the supply depot and smuggle the surveillance equipment out- If it is incorrect you will probably need to bribe your way in.
HOW TO WIN
AUGUST 20 2022
SEPTEMBER 24 2022
THE GAME ELEMENT:
SMUGGLERS RUNS curates an incredibly themed experience with over 150+ miles of on-road/ off-road trail riding as a rally adventure. For the "Orange Dawn" Event Experience, you and your navigator will take on the roles of Smugglers attempting to extract top-secret surveillance equipment from the enemy supply depot smuggling the equipment to the rebel outpost in the mountains. You will be provided with all of the locations that you need to get to, how you get there is up to you.
1. First you must find the vehicle maintenance facility where a rebel spy is waiting and retrieve the vehicle identification markings to match the enemy vehicles. The first two empty spaces will be used for your vehicle number for the event, the next six will be used to apply the decals you will receive from the rebel spy at the vehicle maintenance facility. You will need to place these on the vehicle before you arrive at the supply depot to properly disguise yourselves for the mission.
2. Your next task is forging a shipping manifest with the following items to gain access to the enemy's supply depot and retrieve the surveillance equipment. On your journey you will need to update your shipping manifest with the following information as it is made known to you:
1. The issuing location
2. The General that issued the order
3. The correct authorization stamp
You will need to meet with the various spies we have at outposts and safe houses to obtain the clues to figure out which of the four enemy Generals issued the order, what the issuing city is that the order came from, and finally, meet at our safe house and choose the correct red rubber authorization stamp used on the shipping manifest.
All of this information is revealed as your team correctly solves the clues of the intercepted transmissions that will allow you to put the correct sequence of numbers and letters on your vehicle as well as enter the correct information for the forged document.
3. Once the surveillance equipment has been "stolen" from the enemy base it is then the team's job to escape and smuggle the item to the rebel outpost in the mountains but not before they find the encryption tool to decode the surveillance equipment's access code.
The rebels are highly secure on the location of their outpost, therefore your journey will be long with many checkpoints to ensure you are not followed by the enemy.
4. On-road/ off-road trail rally. NOT A RACE. The event will take place with over 150 miles of hidden roads, great trails and some fun off-roading. You will be able to complete the entire rally with any stock high clearance 4x4 vehicle. As we will be taking surface streets and highways there is no race component to the event. Please follow all posted speed limits, rules of the road and drive safely. Please do not do anything that will cause unnecessary attention to the event. Please make sure that your vehicle is in proper working order with no loose parts or lug nuts and that the tires are in good operable use.
If you would like to be included in communication on the rally please bring your own GMRS radio. All frequencies and channels will be provided at driver check-in the day of the event. You can rent one for the day at an additional cost. If you are truly lost and unsure where to go you can call 949.239.2013 for support but it will cost you a gold coin.
6. FOOD, GAS AND SOUVENIRS!
Lunch and dinner are included at no additional cost. During the event there will be several refreshment pitstops for water, snacks and soft drinks. Bring some spare cash for the small souvenir items to purchase as part of the scavenger hunt element. We will have pitstops for gas breaks and restroom stops.
7. How to win:
Collect the most gold coins in the game.
Primary Game Points system- Gold Coins
Everyone starts with 8 gold coins
You can earn coins at the checkpoints
If you can solve the puzzles at the stations within 5 minutes you are given a gold coin.
Also, possible not guaranteed- style points awarded if the character has a good interaction or more fun with you,This is the decision of the individual at the checkpoint- they have several coins to award to teams.
Enemy Supply Depot
You can lose coins at the Supply depot gate with the guards-
Every incorrect puzzle on the manifest as well as the vehicle disguise costs one gold coin to bribe your way into the supply depot 4 total coins to lose.
If you have all of the puzzles correct when arriving at the supply depot you are given 2 coins
If you have all of the rebel artifacts at the end of the event- you earn 1 coin
Photos of all of the reconnaissance points at the end of the event- 1 coin
5 unique Posts to Instagram/tiktok using @/#smugglersruns - 1 Coin
Lowest mileage with all checkpoints, artifcats and reconnaissance claimed earns- 5 coins
Additional ways to earn Gold Coins
First team to check in with the spy at the checkpoint- 1 Gold Coin
Team is dressed in Post apocalyptic Hobo Shiek outfits (judged by Russ)- 2 gold coin
First team to the checkpoint- 1 gold coin
Dog is participating in rally- 1 gold coin
Starting mileage is Highest of all vehicles- 1 gold coin
Starting mileage is lowest of all vehicles- 1 gold coin
If you have a Smugglers Runs metal badge on vehicle-1 Gold coin
Most Gold Coins Collected
If there is a tie- Most coins with all checkpoints obtained and if that is a tie then the lowest mileage comparison.
Prizes subject to change and are at the exclusive discretion of SMUGGLERS RUNS LLC.
This event will be covering over 150 miles for a day filled with adventure so it is critical that you adhere to the schedule as we will not be able to wait for individuals that do not check in on time and follow the schedule.
7 am- Driver Check-in and registration begins at 7 am sharp, arrive early at Rebel Off-Road- (23501 Commerce Center Dr # A, Laguna Hills, CA 92653)
7:45 am- Team check-in closes/ driver meeting and event overview
8 am- Intel drop #1-Teams leave for checkpoints and first safe house
8-11 am- Get your vehicle in disguise, forge your shipping manifest, gain access to the enemy supply depot,
11 am- All Teams arrive under the Cajon Overpass to smuggle the surveillance equipment to the safe house in the mountains via off-road trails.
12:30 pm Lunch at Melody’s Place (551 Lytle Creek Rd, Lytle Creek, CA 92358)
1:30 pm- Depart to the Rebel Base via off-road trails-route and information to be disclosed during event
5:30 pm- Arrive at the Rebel Base
6:30 pm- 9 pm Dinner, awards, raffle, and after party
(Schedule subject to change)